Maple Walnut Granola
Sponsored by California Walnut Commission
This easy granola packs healthy oats, crunchy walnuts and a touch of sweet maple syrup. Oats contain cancer-preventing fiber and contain essential minerals and vitamins. Walnuts contain high amounts of polyphenols, phytochemicals that have antioxidant properties. Make them anytime for an easy go-to breakfast or snack.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped English walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 300 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. In separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Add to oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- On large baking sheet, evenly spread mixture. Bake 30 minutes. Remove tray from over and stir granola, breaking up any lumps. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes 10 servings. Yield: About 5 cups (1/2 cup per serving)
Per Serving : 260 calories, 15 g total fat (1 g saturated fat),
27 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 30 mg sodium.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes