Mango Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Author: Sharon Palmer
A gorgeous Mexican mango was the inspiration for a flavorful, antioxidant-rich smoothie in my kitchen this week. In celebration of that particularly sunny shade of pink-orange-yellow found in mangos, carrots, and citrus fruits, I whipped up a sweet, fruity, plant-based mango, with a bite of spicy ginger. This smoothie is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, and carotenoid compounds found in yellow-orange fruits and vegetables, which are linked to disease protection.
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 orange, peeled, quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced into large chunks
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk, plain
- 1 (1-inch) piece, peeled fresh ginger
- 6 ice cubes
Makes 2 servings.(Yield: about 2 1/2 cups or 1 1/4 cup per serving)
Per Serving: 200 calories, 4 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat), 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 120 mg sodium.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Place all ingredients in container of a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Enjoy!
Originally published on AICR.org and republished with permission.