By Jimmy Downs Thursday May 16, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Amygdalin (laetrile or vitamin B17) and other glycosides isolated from Prunus Persica seeds may help prevent some
By David Liu, PHD Sunday May 12, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A review published in Seminars in Neurology has found evidence suggesting that a diet full of
By Jimmy Downs Saturday May 11, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- An animal study published in Nutrition Research and Practice suggests that taking grape seed extract as a ...
By Jimmy Downs Thuesday May 09, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Martina Montagnana from Università di Verona in Verona, Italy and colleagues published a report in Semin Thromb ...
If you want to print this article as an A4 leaflet, download a PDF. Genetically modified (GM) foods are often promoted as a way to feed the ...
By Jimmy Downs Tuesday April 30, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Garlic is good for both the heart and the brain, according to a report recently published in ...
- Tornado: What can you do to protect yourself?
- Eating flaxseed may reduce breast cancer risk
- Saturated fat boosts death risk among breast cancer patients
- Before your senators vote...
- Remember Food Safety During Memorial Day Cookouts
- URGENT: Repeal the Monsanto Protection Act, Let Farmers Grow Hemp, and More Farm Bill Alerts
- Vitamin E May Alleviate Symptoms of Liver Disease Brought on by Obesity
- High dietary protein protects against arsenic induced toxicity
- Getting to the Root of How GMO Plants Harm Food Production and Your Health
- Agent orange a risk factor for prostate cancer
- Low salt diet helps cardiovascular health
- Industrial-grade Fluoridation Chemicals Cost Society $Billions in Arsenic-induced Cancers
- Eggs Harmful to Health
- Learn How to Make Cultured Veggies at Home to Boost Your Immune System
- Wisconsin: Join Raw Milk Activists and Farmers for Vernon Herschberger Trial
- Pledge to Support States Against Monsanto’s Lawsuits to Stop GMO Labeling
- Discover the Environmental Impacts of Unsustainable Farming
- Nanoparticles used in foods/dietary supplements found highly toxic
- Fish Oil Does Not Improve Heart Health
- Happy Belated Mother’s Day!
- Oregon: Protect the NO GMO Vote!
- Breast Cancer News: Quercetin may help treat breast cancer effectively
- Myo-Inositol helps prevent gestational diabetes mellitus
- Red grape seed extract lowers cholesterol
- MSM helps osteoarthritis - new study confirms
- Dietary fiber cuts stroke risk
Editor's comment: Make sure that the vitamin D supplement you purchase is free of any potentailly harmful additive....
- Diabetes risk lower in those with higher vitamin D
- Component of Animal Products Increases Risk of Heart Disease
- Bitter melon fights breast cancer
- Fish oil helps prevent cardiovascular disease
By Jimmy Downs Sunday May 5, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study published recently in Diabetologia suggests eating meat can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes ...
- Is aspartame toxic?
- A Second Celebrity Video Opposing Fluoridation
- End Climate Chaos: Boycott GMOs and Factory-Farmed Food
- Stinging: EPA Wants to Approve Yet Another Bee-Killing Pesticide
By Martha Rosenberg A study in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives found detectable levels of arsenic in chicken from grocery stores in 10 American cities, including in organic ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Healthy Recipes; Grilled Veggies
- Healthy Recipes from AICR: Tilapia Crusted with Almonds and Whole Wheat
- Healthy Recipes: Buckwheat Pasta with Seitan
- Healthy Recipes: Mother’s Day Meringue
This sauce is an easy alternative to premade jams or frostings. It is thickened with agar, a sea vegetable thickener that has a slightly sweet ...
- California Firm Recalls Pork Pie Products
- Louisiana Firm Recalls Stew Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
- Krinos Foods, LLC. is Recalling More Tahini Products
- California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Smoked Pork Sausage Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection
California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Grilled Chicken Strips Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
Recall Release CLASS II RECALL HEALTH RISK: LOW FSIS-RC-036-2013 Congressional and Public Affairs Atiya Khan (202) 720-9113 WASHINGTON, May 21, 2013 –Foster Farms, a Porterville, Calif. establishment, is recalling approximately 6,165 ...
- Physicians Committee Hosts Congressional Vegetarian Caucus
- Learn How You Can Kick Monsanto & Big Oil Out of Your Neighborhood!
- ALERT: Sulfuryl Fluoride Bill Introduced in Congress
- Pressure mounts to remove GMOs from infant formula (PR)
Picnic and barbecue season offers lots of opportunities for outdoor fun with family and friends. But these warm weather events also present opportunities for foodborne ...
- International Conference on Nutrition and the Brain: The Role of Foods and Lifestyle in Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Neurological Disorders
- Protecting Children’s Health: American Academy of Pediatrics Misses the Big Picture in Their Flawed ‘Organics’ Analysis
- Don’t Blame Peanut Butter for Salmonella Outbreak: It’s the Meat!
- Salmonella Prompts Peanut Butter Recall, What Is Your Risk?
By Martha Rosenberg Interview with Omar Manejwala, MD, Author of Craving: Why We Can't Seem to Get Enough Dr. Manejwala, a psychiatrist, is the senior vice president ...