An Pan and Frank B Hu states in the journal Future Medicine: "In summary, there is convincing evidence that higher red meat consumption is related to
Wednesday March 5, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study published March 4 in Cell Metabolism suggests that eating a high protein diet such as Atkins’s
Vegetarian diets support a healthy blood pressure, according to a review published in JAMA Internal Medicine. Researchers identified 39 studies which analyzed the dietary choices ...
Sunday Feb 09, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Diabetologia suggests that yogurt consumption can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The study ...
Thursday Jan 23, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in PLOS One suggests omega-3 fatty acids particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can be more benefitial than ...
Thursday Jan 17, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- Taking ginger powder supplements help patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, a study released in Complementary Therapies in Medicine ...
- Trans fat can cause type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Big Food might get its wish
- Send in the (Pro-GMO) Clowns - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- FDA Decision to Expand Food Irradiation Masks Weak Import Inspections
- Unlabeled GMO Salmon? Groups Call on FDA to Rein In Industry Claims
- Get the truth about GMOs
- Saturated fat intake may raise breast cancer risk
- Obesity Among Children Increases
- Online price basis tool for agricultural producers available from AgriLife Extension
- Albuquerque Memorial Calls For Statewide and National Labeling of GMOs
- Glucosamine helps logevity
- Beans Benefit Heart Health
- Is Milk as Good for You as Its Marketing Says?
- Scientists Develop New Way to Make Food Ingredient from Rice Bran Oil
- Over 85 Groups Join Worldwide Alliance
- Sow Non-GMO Seeds in the Rainforest
- Fruits and Vegetables May Prevent Early Death
- Tell the EPA: Stop letting companies replace BPA with other toxic chemicals
- Farm, Ranch and Consumer Groups Applaud Federal Appeals Court COOL Ruling (PR)
- Study Finds Secret to Cutting Sugary Drink Use by Teens (PR)
- Organic Consumers Association Newsletter: The GMO Elephant in the Room
- Fluorides Under Fire
- Are Soft Drinks Making You Fat? It's Not Just The Calories, Research Shows
- Animal Protein Linked to Early Death
- Meat-Eating is a Risk Factor for Developing Diabetes
- Vitamin C sufficiency lowers risk of hemorrhagic stroke
High-fiber diets help reduce your risk of colorectal cancer, according to a review published this month in the Gastroenterology. Researchers identified 20 studies which analyzed fiber intake ...
- Even Modest Amounts of Meat Increase Risk for Diabetes
- Study examines probiotic use in preventing gastrointestinal disorders in infants (PR)
- Melatonin may slow tumor growth in certain breast cancers (PR)
- High folic acid promotes growth of breast cancer in rats (PR)
Sunday March 3, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in JAMA Internal Medicine suggests that consumption of added sugar can increase the risk of dying ...
- Petition for removal of azodicarbonamide (ADA) from food
- Chronic aluminum intake causes Alzheimer's disease
- Fluoride Labeled a Developmental Neurotoxin
- Organic Consumers Association Newsletter: Wat the FDA hid from you
MARCH 13, 2014 Dear Readers: The Fluoride Action Network is excited to announce the launch of the FAN Study Tracker, the most up-to-date and comprehensive source for fluoride ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Healthy Recipes: ANZAC Cookies
- Curried Mustard Greens Are an Indian Adventure
- Healthy Recipes: Creamy Spinach
- Healthy Recipes: Kale Frittata with Tomato and Basil
April 15, 2014 | Issue 500 Recipe Contest Winner Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts After 4 weeks, 16 recipes, and over 1300 votes, we finally have ...
- Oklahoma Firm Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
- Public Meeting to Address Agenda Items for Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues
- Allergy alert on undeclared Milk in chocolate products (PR)
- FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Processed Egg Products Unfit For Human Consumption
Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
News Release Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens Class I Recall020-2014 Health Risk: HighApr 2, 2014 Congressional and Public Affairs Megan Buckles (202) ...
- Why Does Meat Need Inspection? Here's Why!
- Oganic Consumers Association Newsletter: Monsanto's 'Science' Doesn't Add Up
- Cheap Eggs? Not When You Consider These Practices
- USDA Food Safety Tips for Areas Affected by Snow Storms
TOP NEWS OF THE WEEK Revealed: Big Food’s New Plan to Kill GMO Labeling Laws The food industry is going door-to-door on Capitol Hill, seeking lawmakers willing ...
- Allergy Alert Issued On Undeclared Peanut Allergen In Dairy Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part Two
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part One
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part 2
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETuesday, March 11, 2013 Label Review Reveals Another Reason FDA Guidance Won’t Stop Misuse of Antibiotics in Livestock Washington, D.C.— The practice of giving low ...