Friday April 18, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study published in the April 2014 issue of The American Journal of Pathology suggests that eating Spirulina a
Vegetarian and vegan diets lower the risk of heart disease, according to a study published in Public Health Nutrition. Researchers tracked the dietary habits of 592
An Pan and Frank B Hu states in the journal Future Medicine: "In summary, there is convincing evidence that higher red meat consumption is related to ...
Wednesday March 5, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study published March 4 in Cell Metabolism suggests that eating a high protein diet such as Atkins’s ...
Vegetarian diets support a healthy blood pressure, according to a review published in JAMA Internal Medicine. Researchers identified 39 studies which analyzed the dietary choices ...
Sunday Feb 09, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Diabetologia suggests that yogurt consumption can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The study ...
- Vitamin D may indeed prevent breast cancer?
- Selenium, vitamin E supplements and prostate cancer risk
- Monsanto Loses GMO Labeling Battle in Vermont - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- Dietary fiber lowers death risk in myocardial infarction survivors
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus risk lower in those eating fruit, vegetables
- Thiamine helps diabetes mellitus type 2
- L-arginine helps weight loss
- Fructose linked to increased fat synthesis - study
- Dental x-ray linked to brain tumors, thyroid cancer
- Animal Protein May Lead to Diabetes
- Diabetes Rates Increasing
- Are You Eating These Foods Full of Estrogen?
- L-Arginine helps type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Organic Veterans Join Farm Policy Research Group
- Copper Assoiciated with Alzheimer's Disease
- Russia Rejects GMOs, Will Grow Organic Food Instead - newsletter from Institute for Responsible Technology
- A High-Fat Diet Increases Risk of Breast Cancer
- Trans fat can cause type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Big Food might get its wish
- Send in the (Pro-GMO) Clowns - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- FDA Decision to Expand Food Irradiation Masks Weak Import Inspections
- Unlabeled GMO Salmon? Groups Call on FDA to Rein In Industry Claims
- Glucosamine helps logevity
- Beans Benefit Heart Health
- Is Milk as Good for You as Its Marketing Says?
- Fruits and Vegetables May Prevent Early Death
Friday April 11, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- Eating a diet full of saturated fat may increase the risk of several types of breast cancer, according to ...
- Even Modest Amounts of Meat Increase Risk for Diabetes
- Study examines probiotic use in preventing gastrointestinal disorders in infants (PR)
- Melatonin may slow tumor growth in certain breast cancers (PR)
- High folic acid promotes growth of breast cancer in rats (PR)
Sunday March 3, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in JAMA Internal Medicine suggests that consumption of added sugar can increase the risk of dying ...
- Over 85 Groups Join Worldwide Alliance
- Organic Consumers Association Newsletter: The GMO Elephant in the Room
- Introducing the FAN Study Tracker
- Petition for removal of azodicarbonamide (ADA) from food
Dear Readers, When it comes to food, we’re in big trouble.The food supply is contaminated with hormones, antibiotics, GMOs, chemical cocktails, and neurotoxic pesticides. Even many ...
- Maltodextrin: Why don't I like it?
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
By Marcia Wood April 3, 2014 Some of today's popular baked goods might tomorrow contain a butter-like extract, derived from rice bran oil, as a partial replacement for margarine, butter ...
- Healthy Recipes: Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts
- Healthy Recipes: ANZAC Cookies
- Curried Mustard Greens Are an Indian Adventure
- Healthy Recipes: Creamy Spinach
Dear Editorial, Spring is finally here, and with it the desire to lift your glass and toast to the warm weather ahead. Finish filing those taxes, ...
- Price Chopper Brand Tuscan White Bean Hummus Recalled
- Salami Type Products Recalled
- Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
- Oklahoma Firm Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
Recall -- Firm Press Release FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, ...
- Sow Non-GMO Seeds in the Rainforest
- Tell the EPA: Stop letting companies replace BPA with other toxic chemicals
- Farm, Ranch and Consumer Groups Applaud Federal Appeals Court COOL Ruling (PR)
- Fluorides Under Fire
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEWednesday, April 9, 2014 Albuquerque Memorial Calls For Statewide and National Labeling of GMOs Albuquerque, New Mexico — This week, City Councilman Isaac Benton, District 2, ...
- Allergy Alert Issued On Undeclared Peanut Allergen In Dairy Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part Two
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part One
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part 2
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETuesday, March 11, 2013 Label Review Reveals Another Reason FDA Guidance Won’t Stop Misuse of Antibiotics in Livestock Washington, D.C.— The practice of giving low ...