Wednesday March 5, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study published March 4 in Cell Metabolism suggests that eating a high protein diet such as Atkins’s
Vegetarian diets support a healthy blood pressure, according to a review published in JAMA Internal Medicine. Researchers identified 39 studies which analyzed the dietary choices
Sunday Feb 09, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Diabetologia suggests that yogurt consumption can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The study ...
Thursday Jan 23, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in PLOS One suggests omega-3 fatty acids particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can be more benefitial than ...
Thursday Jan 17, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- Taking ginger powder supplements help patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, a study released in Complementary Therapies in Medicine ...
A new study in Journal of Dietary Supplements suggests that taking Psidium guajava extracts may help treat diabetes mellitus. The study led by Dr. Subramanian ...
- Animal Protein Linked to Early Death
- Researchers Find Potential Target for Drug to Treat Allergic Asthma (PR)
- Fluoride Labeled a Developmental Neurotoxin
- Why Does Meat Need Inspection? Here's Why!
- Added sugar linked to cardiovascular disease death
- Oganic Consumers Association Newsletter: Monsanto's 'Science' Doesn't Add Up
- Thyroid cancer overidganosed - study suggests
- Organic Consumers Association Newsletter: Wat the FDA hid from you
- Even Modest Amounts of Meat Increase Risk for Diabetes
- Meat-Eating is a Risk Factor for Developing Diabetes
- Do you know which foods are genetically engineered?
- Cheap Eggs? Not When You Consider These Practices
- USDA Food Safety Tips for Areas Affected by Snow Storms
- Appearance by Agribusiness Executive at Organic Conference Stirs Controversy (PR)
- Tell the USDA to Stop Dow Chemical’s "Agent Orange" Crops
- Fluoride Newly Identified as Dangerous to Brains
- Vitamin C sufficiency lowers risk of hemorrhagic stroke
- Tell USDA to Protect Organic and Non-GE Farmers--Don’t Punish Them
- Researchers discover protein to better forecast prognosis of prostate cancer patients (PR)
- Leading Organic Brand, Horizon, Blasted for Betraying Organics (PR)
- FDA warns against using Uncle Ben’s Infused Rice
- Cholesterol Levels Lower in Vegans
- Study suggests whole diet approach to lower CV risk has more evidence than low-fat diets (PR)
- Ingredients in chocolate, tea and berries could guard against diabetes (PR)
- PCRM Breaking Medical News: Red and Processed Meat Endangers Health
- Western diet linked to Alzheimer's disease
Monkeys eating a diet full of omega-3 fatty acids developed brains that had neural networks similar to those found in healthy humans, according to an ...
- Melatonin may slow tumor growth in certain breast cancers (PR)
- High folic acid promotes growth of breast cancer in rats (PR)
- Breast cancer risk higher in alchol drinkers
- Sedentary behavior and low physical activity linked to heart failure in men
Contact: Flavia Indriof.firstname.lastname@example.orgThe JAMA Network Journals Study examines probiotic use in preventing gastrointestinal disorders in infants Giving an infant a probiotic during the first three months of ...
- Smithsonian reports GMO soybean pollen threatens Mexican honey sales (PR)
- Liver tumors found in mice exposed to BPA (PR)
- House Passes Farm Bill -- Vote Coming in Senate
- Exposure to pesticides results in smaller worker bees (PR)
Contact: Tracy Hamptonthampton@nasw.orgAmerican Society of Nephrology Toxin in seafood causes kidney damage in mice at levels considered safe for consumption FDA may need to reconsider what levels ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Vegetarian Recipes: Rice Pudding
- Healthy Recipes: Winter Bread Salad
- Healthy Recipes: Spanish Rice
- Broiled Tilapia with Mustard and Yogurt Sauce
Chorba is a type of soup found in national cuisines across the Balkans, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and the Middle East. The beets in this ...
- Canadian Firm Recalls Various Meat Products Without Import Inspection (PR)
- Limited Run of Bakes Sea Salt Potato Chips Recalled
- All weight loss formulas Recalled
- Roth Farms Recalls "Curly Parsley" Because of Possible Health Risk (PR)
News Release California Firm Recalls Canadian Liver Pâté Products Produced Without Import Inspection Class I Recall017-2014 Health Risk: HighFeb 26, 2014 Congressional and Public Affairs Peggy Riek (202) 720-9113 WASHINGTON, Feb. 26, ...
- Were Your Cheap Eggs Produced With These Unethical Practices?
- The Tipping Point Continues To Gain Momentum….
- Tumors, Bad Organs, and Death…Oh My!
- Tell FDA: Do Not Approve Genetically Engineered Salmon!
For Immediate ReleaseFriday, February 7, 2014 Humorous New Video Tells the Real Story Behind Most Chicken Produced in the U.S. Washington, D.C. — Today, Food & Water Watch ...
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part Two
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part One
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part 2
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part One
Recall -- Firm Press Release FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, ...