Thursday June 13, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Nutrition and Cancer suggests that eating soy foods like tofu can reduce the risk of breast
Tuesday June 11, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Eating foods rich in flavonoids including black tea may help reduce the risk for developing advanced or lethal prostate
Sunday June 9, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in JAMA Internal Medicine suggests that people particularly men following a vegetarian diet can live a longer ...
Saturday June 8, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Resveratrol, a compound found in red wine and red grapes, has been found protective against cardiovascular disease and cancer ...
Saturday June 1, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Eating flavonoid-rich foods may improve spatial memory performance, according to a new study in PLoS One. This is an ...
By Jimmy Downs Saturday June 1, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Alcoholic beverages are carcinogens, according to the United States National Toxicology Program. A new observational study confirms ...
- Prostate cancer patients may be better off not eating meat, dairy (animal fat)
- Sunshine makes you happy
- New Jersey Advances Legislation to Require Labeling of Genetically Engineered Foods (PR)
- Vitamin E, vitamin C may lower Alzheimer's disease risk
- Dark green leafy vegetables cut risk of Barrett's esphagus
- High salt diet boosts gastric cancer risk in those infected with H. pylori
- Cocoa powder protects against Alzheimer's disease
- High sodium, potassium intakes linked to lower chronic kidney disease risk
- Excess vitamin A intake leads to calcific aortic valve disease
- Eating magnesium rich foods cuts cardiovascular disease risk
- Drinking milk may boost Parkinson's disease risk
- High dietary calcium linked to lower risk of kidney stones
- Eating too much saturated fat may cause infertility in men
- Obesity—One Third of All Cancers are Directly Related to It
- Vegetarians live longer
- Low protein, low calorie diet reduces cancer risk
- Low vitamin D linked to Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease
- CFS Launches Class Action Lawsuit against Monsanto
- Bisphenol A exposure linked to childhood obesity
- Grounding: The Potent Antioxidant That Few Know About... And It's Free
- Red meat boosts type 2 diabetes mellitus risk in men
- High insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) linked to breast cancer
- This Culinary Favorite May Delay or Slow Alzheimer's
- Grape seed extract may help fight breast cancer
- Why Are Foods and Supplements Made for Children Packed with Hazardous Chemicals, Hidden Aspartame and GMOs?
- 8 Summer Beverages to Avoid
Thursday June 13, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study of 200 Singapore Chinese women diagnosed with breast cancer and 420 matched controls released in the Lancet ...
- Cholesterol promotes breast cancer development?
- Veggies high in carotenoids may prevent breast cancer
- So what to eat to reduce cervical cancer risk?
- Trans fat boosts cancer risk
Sunday June 9, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Sugar-sweetened beverages and foods have been known to increased risk of obesity, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. ...
- Will Detection of Unapproved GMO Wheat Decimate US Economy?
- Water fluoridation boosts cancer risk
- Sugar boosts endometrial cancer risk
- Dietary trans fat bad for your skin
By Shicana Allen A newly released scientific report reveals yet another disturbing concern when it comes to the genetically modified salmon that the U.S. Food and ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Healthy Recipes: Salmon and Vegetable Oven Kebabs
- Vegetarian recipes: Barbecued Eggplant Steaks
- Healthy Recipes: Summer Veggie Soup
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Garbanzo Burgers
By Dana Jacobi for the American Institute for Cancer Research To look good in their infamously skimpy bikinis, food-loving Brazilians must watch what they eat. So ...
- Oskri Recalls “Coconut Bar Dark Chocolate”, “Coconut Bar Dark Chocolate Minis”, “Fig Dark Chocolate Bars” and “Almond Dark Chocolate Bars
- California Firm Recalls Salad Product Containing Chicken Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen
- Alabama Firm Recalls Beef Jerky Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen
- Bethel Nutritional Consulting, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Recall of Weight Loss Pills “Bethel 30”
Recall -- Firm Press Release FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, ...
- Historic Victory in Connecticut! First U.S. GMO Labeling Law Passed!
- USDA Offers Tips to Keep Food Safe as Severe Weather Sweeps across Nation
- ORGANIC DEBATE: Cornucopia’s Kastel Goes Toe-to-Toe with Mischa Popoff
- Specialty Crops Advance in Senate Farm Bill
Fluoride Action Networkhttp://www.fluoridealert.org/ June 13, 2013 Dear friends, YOU made it happen. The Senate amendment (#1122) that would have circumvented the proposed phase-out of the food ...
- International Conference on Nutrition and the Brain: The Role of Foods and Lifestyle in Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Neurological Disorders
- Protecting Children’s Health: American Academy of Pediatrics Misses the Big Picture in Their Flawed ‘Organics’ Analysis
- Don’t Blame Peanut Butter for Salmonella Outbreak: It’s the Meat!
- Salmonella Prompts Peanut Butter Recall, What Is Your Risk?
By Martha Rosenberg Interview with Omar Manejwala, MD, Author of Craving: Why We Can't Seem to Get Enough Dr. Manejwala, a psychiatrist, is the senior vice president ...