Vegetarian and vegan diets lower the risk of heart disease, according to a study published in Public Health Nutrition. Researchers tracked the dietary habits of 592
An Pan and Frank B Hu states in the journal Future Medicine: "In summary, there is convincing evidence that higher red meat consumption is related to
Wednesday March 5, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study published March 4 in Cell Metabolism suggests that eating a high protein diet such as Atkins’s ...
Vegetarian diets support a healthy blood pressure, according to a review published in JAMA Internal Medicine. Researchers identified 39 studies which analyzed the dietary choices ...
Sunday Feb 09, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Diabetologia suggests that yogurt consumption can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The study ...
Thursday Jan 23, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in PLOS One suggests omega-3 fatty acids particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can be more benefitial than ...
- Diabetes Rates Increasing
- Are You Eating These Foods Full of Estrogen?
- L-Arginine helps type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Organic Veterans Join Farm Policy Research Group
- Copper Assoiciated with Alzheimer's Disease
- Russia Rejects GMOs, Will Grow Organic Food Instead - newsletter from Institute for Responsible Technology
- A High-Fat Diet Increases Risk of Breast Cancer
- Trans fat can cause type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Big Food might get its wish
- Send in the (Pro-GMO) Clowns - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- FDA Decision to Expand Food Irradiation Masks Weak Import Inspections
- Unlabeled GMO Salmon? Groups Call on FDA to Rein In Industry Claims
- Get the truth about GMOs
- Saturated fat intake may raise breast cancer risk
- Obesity Among Children Increases
- Online price basis tool for agricultural producers available from AgriLife Extension
- Albuquerque Memorial Calls For Statewide and National Labeling of GMOs
- Glucosamine helps logevity
- Beans Benefit Heart Health
- Is Milk as Good for You as Its Marketing Says?
- Scientists Develop New Way to Make Food Ingredient from Rice Bran Oil
- Over 85 Groups Join Worldwide Alliance
- Study Finds Secret to Cutting Sugary Drink Use by Teens (PR)
- Fiber Can Reduce Colorectal Cancer Risk
- Are Soft Drinks Making You Fat? It's Not Just The Calories, Research Shows
- Animal Protein Linked to Early Death
Fruits and Vegetables May Prevent Early Death Increased intakes of fruits and vegetables may prevent early death, according to a review published online in the Journal of ...
- Even Modest Amounts of Meat Increase Risk for Diabetes
- Study examines probiotic use in preventing gastrointestinal disorders in infants (PR)
- Melatonin may slow tumor growth in certain breast cancers (PR)
- High folic acid promotes growth of breast cancer in rats (PR)
Sunday March 3, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in JAMA Internal Medicine suggests that consumption of added sugar can increase the risk of dying ...
- Introducing the FAN Study Tracker
- Petition for removal of azodicarbonamide (ADA) from food
- Chronic aluminum intake causes Alzheimer's disease
- Fluoride Labeled a Developmental Neurotoxin
ESSAY OF THE WEEK The GMO Elephant in the Room When’s the last time you signed a petition or wrote a letter urging the FDA or Congress ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Healthy Recipes: Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts
- Healthy Recipes: ANZAC Cookies
- Curried Mustard Greens Are an Indian Adventure
- Healthy Recipes: Creamy Spinach
Dear Editorial, Spring is finally here, and with it the desire to lift your glass and toast to the warm weather ahead. Finish filing those taxes, ...
- Oklahoma Firm Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
- Public Meeting to Address Agenda Items for Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues
- Allergy alert on undeclared Milk in chocolate products (PR)
- FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Processed Egg Products Unfit For Human Consumption
Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
News Release Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens Class I Recall020-2014 Health Risk: HighApr 2, 2014 Congressional and Public Affairs Megan Buckles (202) ...
- Tell the EPA: Stop letting companies replace BPA with other toxic chemicals
- Farm, Ranch and Consumer Groups Applaud Federal Appeals Court COOL Ruling (PR)
- Fluorides Under Fire
- Big Food Bill Would Kill GMO Labeling
Dear Readers,Just as Spring holds the promise of a harvest in each seed we poke into soft earth, so does our project. It has evolved ...
- Allergy Alert Issued On Undeclared Peanut Allergen In Dairy Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part Two
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part One
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part 2
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETuesday, March 11, 2013 Label Review Reveals Another Reason FDA Guidance Won’t Stop Misuse of Antibiotics in Livestock Washington, D.C.— The practice of giving low ...