By Jimmy Downs Thursday May 16, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Amygdalin (laetrile or vitamin B17) and other glycosides isolated from Prunus Persica seeds may help prevent some
By David Liu, PHD Sunday May 12, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A review published in Seminars in Neurology has found evidence suggesting that a diet full of
By Jimmy Downs Saturday May 11, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- An animal study published in Nutrition Research and Practice suggests that taking grape seed extract as a ...
By Jimmy Downs Thuesday May 09, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Martina Montagnana from Università di Verona in Verona, Italy and colleagues published a report in Semin Thromb ...
If you want to print this article as an A4 leaflet, download a PDF. Genetically modified (GM) foods are often promoted as a way to feed the ...
By Jimmy Downs Tuesday April 30, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Garlic is good for both the heart and the brain, according to a report recently published in ...
- Low salt diet helps cardiovascular health
- Industrial-grade Fluoridation Chemicals Cost Society $Billions in Arsenic-induced Cancers
- Eggs Harmful to Health
- Learn How to Make Cultured Veggies at Home to Boost Your Immune System
- Wisconsin: Join Raw Milk Activists and Farmers for Vernon Herschberger Trial
- Pledge to Support States Against Monsanto’s Lawsuits to Stop GMO Labeling
- Discover the Environmental Impacts of Unsustainable Farming
- Nanoparticles used in foods/dietary supplements found highly toxic
- Fish Oil Does Not Improve Heart Health
- Happy Belated Mother’s Day!
- Oregon: Protect the NO GMO Vote!
- Breast Cancer News: Quercetin may help treat breast cancer effectively
- Vitamin D Might Be Able to Slash Your Breast Cancer Risk by 90 Percent
- Myo-Inositol helps prevent gestational diabetes mellitus
- Red grape seed extract lowers cholesterol
- MSM helps osteoarthritis - new study confirms
- US Chicken Industry Defends Arsenic Levels in Food
- Is aspartame toxic?
- Dietary fiber cuts stroke risk
- Breo Ellipta Approved for COPD Treatment
- Eating Outdoors, Handling Food Safely - FDA advisory
- Exercise Could Hold Key to Successful Cancer and Mental Health Treatment
- Baby Boom + Fast Food = Dementia Boom
- Breast Cancer News: Folate, vitamin b12, methionine linked to lower breast cancer risk
- Curcumin prevents skin cancer
- Breast Cancer News: Soluble dietary fiber prevents breast cancer in young women
By David Liu, PHD Thursday May 2, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- Low vitamin E in the blood has been associated with increased cancer risk. But some large ...
- Diabetes risk lower in those with higher vitamin D
- Component of Animal Products Increases Risk of Heart Disease
- Bitter melon fights breast cancer
- Fish oil helps prevent cardiovascular disease
By Jimmy Downs Sunday May 5, 2013 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study published recently in Diabetologia suggests eating meat can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes ...
- End Climate Chaos: Boycott GMOs and Factory-Farmed Food
- Stinging: EPA Wants to Approve Yet Another Bee-Killing Pesticide
- US EPA hikes glyphosate limits in food and feed - again
- Pig 26: Another GE? Another Deceit? Another Folly (Like Dolly)?
MAY 7, 2013 Dear Readers: Before we get to the new celebrity video, we would like to announce that FAN's Director and the co-author of "The Case ...
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
- Food additives that contain aluminum
By David Liu, PHD Sunday Nov 18, 2012 (foodconsumer.org) -- Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is derived from corn starch and widely used in processed foods/beverages ...
- Healthy Recipes: Buckwheat Pasta with Seitan
- Healthy Recipes: Mother’s Day Meringue
- Healthy Recipes: Southwestern Bean Salad
- Food for Life Recipe of the Week: Lemon Crème
Summer Catch Tilapia Crusted with Almonds and Whole Wheat Breading and baking fish is a healthy way to infuse flavor and keep it moist. Tilapia is a ...
- Louisiana Firm Recalls Stew Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
- Krinos Foods, LLC. is Recalling More Tahini Products
- California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Smoked Pork Sausage Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection
- Healthy Recipes: Potato Boats with Spinach Stuffing
Recall Release CLASS I RECALLHEALTH RISK: HIGH FSIS-RC-035-2013 Congressional and Public AffairsJoan Lindenberger(202) 720-9113WASHINGTON, May 10, 2013 – Jolly Good Meat Products, a ...
- Learn How You Can Kick Monsanto & Big Oil Out of Your Neighborhood!
- ALERT: Sulfuryl Fluoride Bill Introduced in Congress
- Pressure mounts to remove GMOs from infant formula (PR)
- All-New Food Revolution Summit!
The Physicians Committee hosted a Vegetarian Caucus luncheon on Capitol Hill on Earth Day to raise awareness among congressional staff about the health and nutrition ...
- International Conference on Nutrition and the Brain: The Role of Foods and Lifestyle in Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Neurological Disorders
- Protecting Children’s Health: American Academy of Pediatrics Misses the Big Picture in Their Flawed ‘Organics’ Analysis
- Don’t Blame Peanut Butter for Salmonella Outbreak: It’s the Meat!
- Salmonella Prompts Peanut Butter Recall, What Is Your Risk?
By Martha Rosenberg Interview with Omar Manejwala, MD, Author of Craving: Why We Can't Seem to Get Enough Dr. Manejwala, a psychiatrist, is the senior vice president ...